Prior to starting the process of translation, I created a translation brief. This helped me to gain background knowledge in regard to the topic of the source text, but it also guided my approach to translation.
I divided up the source text into more feasible parts as this helped me to concentrate better on the quality of the translation process.
I used various online Spanish-English dictionaries such as WordReference, but I also made use of English dictionaries such as Collins in order to look up the validity of some words.
More importantly, I searched up Spanish words on the website of Real Academia Española as some niche Spanish words were not in the database of bilingual dictionaries, or the meaning of such words might have been diluted in the process of cultural appropriation.
Prior to submitting my final draft, I received feedback on my translation as I went along. This really helped to identify key errors in my own text.